Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other MCOUTURE websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We may also obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
Type of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address or phone number)
- Any required Paypal information in the event you are requesting a cash back reward (confirmation of the MCOUTURE account associated to your Paypal account. If no account is associated, we will request any information required in order to complete the cash back request).
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including credit card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you have installed our mobile application
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and history of purchases on our sites
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytic tools (such as Omniture or Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
Use of the Gathered Information
We may use the information obtained for purposes such as:
- Subscriptions to our websites, manage and maintain your account on our sites.
- Provide products or services you requeste
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing credit card transactions, preparing shipping and contacting you about your orders, including telephone communications)
- Maintain a record of your purchase history on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about MCOUTURE including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Customize our products and services to suit your needs, your personal interests and your use of our websites, applications and social networking habits
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (such as identifying if emails sent to you are received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitor’s use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and analyse the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Enforce our Website TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We may share the personal information we collect with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We also may share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Access and Correction
Links to Other Websites
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental and unlawful use or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use of the collected information.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your MCOUTURE account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your MCOUTURE account user name or password via email.
MCOUTURE does not direct its websites to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
Last modified : October 18 2015