Frequently Asked Questions About Buying and Selling Designer Consignment Clothing
1 - General Policies :
Mcouture.com is an online platform where users can buy and consign women’s clothing and accessories.
MCOUTURE is an online marketplace that allows users who comply with MCOUTURE’S policies to offer, sell, and buy certain goods within a fixed-price format. MCOUTURE is not directly involved in the transaction between buyers and sellers, unless you purchase the authentication service from MCOUTURE.
MCOUTURE reserves the right to designate certain items as Final Sale or Non-Returnable. Furthermore, you may not list any item on MCOUTURE (or consummate any transaction that was initiated using our Services) that could cause MCOUTURE to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or that violates this Agreement.
As a security measure, we may impose transaction limits on buyers and sellers. For example, we may impose limits relating to the value of any transaction, or adjustments, relating to the cumulative value of all transactions or adjustments during a period of time. We may also impose limits related to the number of transactions per day or other period of time. We will not be liable to a seller nor a buyer if we do not proceed with a transaction or adjustment that would exceed any limit established by us, or if we cancel a transaction due to unverified buyer or seller information.
2 - Account creation:
Each client wishing to perform a transaction on the website must create an account. We only allow one account per client. Have more than one account may cause problems with billing and delivery. If a member is found using more than one account, the first account will be kept and the extra ones will be deleted without notification. Therefore, all purchase and listing information will be lost.
3 - Buying policies:
MCOUTURE works similarly to a typical transactional online store. The Buyer must simply fill the cart, pass through checkout and complete the transaction with Visa, MasterCard or Paypal.
The shipping costs and delivery times varies depending upon the buyer’s location in Canada. Note that delivery is FREE for all orders over $200 before taxes.
An authentication service is available at MCOUTURE, with the fee of $25 per item. Using this service, the transaction will be guaranteed by MCOUTURE. In this case, the item will be shipped to MCOUTURE for inspection and authentication, and then shipped to the buyer.
4 - Selling policies:
Listing an Item
Listing an Item
The seller must list the items to sell on our “SELL” page.
Description of the item must be done through our easy drop menu selection, and pictures must be added.
To set the price, the seller must enter the retail price first (price paid for the item when purchased in store), the suggested resale price will be automatically filled. Resale price can be modified by the seller, but the commission rates are automatically set as below:
Resale price: MCOUTURE commission:
< $85.99 $25
$86 - $500.99 30%
$501 - $1,000.99 25%
$1,001 < 20%
4. In the context of the first listing, the seller will be required to login his Paypal account to link the Paypal account with the Mcouture account. The Paypal account will then be linked for all subsequent listings and transactions.
5. The MCOUTURE team will review the description, picture and pricing from the listing, and assess each item for listing approval. If the listing is rejected, there will be no notification. Listing rejections are mainly due to poor quality picture, false/wrong description or price.
6. For items with a resale price over $500, a proof of purchase, authentication certificate, or other authentication proof may be requested by MCOUTURE before the listing is approved. The authentication service is highly recommended for all purchases over $500. In the case where the authentication process exposes considerable damage; false advertising or a counterfeit item: the transaction will be cancelled. The seller will then be responsible to pay for the shipment of the item back. Whether MCOUTURE accepts or rejects a product submitted to authentication, the authentication fee will not be refunded.
7. The seller will be notified by email once the item is featured online.
8. While the item is still for resale/available. The item’s price can be modified at any time through your MCOUTURE account.
9. An item can be removed from the website at any time from the MCOUTURE account.
5 - Shipping Sold items:
10. The seller will be notified by email once the item is sold. A pre-paid shipping label will be attached to the email, to print and stick on the package. The package can be dropped at any Canada Post location. Pick up from your home may be available at the seller’s cost and must be requested from the MCOUTURE account under the “pick up” tab. Sellers must have their items labeled, packaged and ready for pick-up within 48 hours.
11. From the time of order confirmation, the Seller has 48 hours to ship the sold item. If the 48 hours is exceeded, the transaction will automatically be cancelled. Under extraordinary circumstances, the seller should contact MCOUTURE’s customer service (* within 24 hours after the order confirmation email is sent). A message will be sent to the buyer, and the buyer has the option to cancel or may approve the delay of transaction.
12. The seller must send the item in its exact condition (as per description and picture provided in the listing).
13. Once the item is received and accepted by the buyer, the payment will automatically be deposited in the Paypal account.
6 - Return Policies:
14. For fitting, sizing, or under any circumstance of dissatisfaction, the buyer has 10 days to reactivate the listing and sell the item free of charge, meaning no commission will be given to MCOUTURE for the re-sale. You simply need to login your Mcouture account, go to My Orders and select the item you wish to re-activate. You will be able to find this item in My consignment and adjust the resale price.
15. MCOUTURE is not responsible for the transactions completed without using MCOUTURE’s authentication service. Only the transactions using MCOUTURE’s authentication service at the cost of $25 will be guaranteed by MCOUTURE.
7 - Listing Rules:
Once your listing is created, a validation email will inform you of the activation of your listing.
At any time, you can choose to remove an item in consignment from your MCOUTURE account, under the “consignment” tab.
There may be few days delay before your items are visible on the MCOUTURE web site, for the time our team validates the information from the listing.
Your consigned items will be visible in your MCOUTURE account under the “consignment” Tab. We highly suggest that you share your items on social networks, by choosing the desired icons next to the desired item you wish to promote and sell faster.
Buyers can contact sellers from the product page and the seller’s page prior to their purchase. Sellers must reply promptly and honestly to all queries.
MCOUTURE is specialized in the resale of preloved high-end clothing and accessories. Any item that we consider to be non-standard would be items which we don’t consider easily resold, such as; special occasion wear, costumes or any other specific outfits, outdated items, items which are not in demand but still in excellent condition. The decision to accept or not these items or to place them in consignment is entirely up to us.